Chair pose is called as Utkatasana in Sanskrit. The overall benefits of this pose are that it aids in straightening the pelvic and thigh muscles. This pose is ideal for yoga practicioners of all levels and ability. It is a fantastic pose for women during pregnancy.
- You have to assume the chair pose while standing tall with both your feet at least twelve inches apart. This pose is performed in standing position and it has been designed for toning your entire body but most importantly your thighs. Therefore you thighs should be in a position that is parallel to the floor.
- Then you should inhale for two seconds and raise both your arms at the shoulder level and also ensuring that your palms are facing downwards. If you do this pose for few seconds, it will help in getting your blood pumping and increases your heart rate and thus it helps pregnant women to lose weight and burn fat.
- At this position, try and exhale slowly and then sit in the squat position or on your toes. It is a very good therapeutic pose for people with flat feet and it also helps in stretching your Achilles and shins.
- If you do not feel comfortable while standing on your toes then you can also stand normally with flat feet on the ground.
- When your hands are still raised, you have to raise yourself up and the stand on your toes. You should put your feet slightly ahead of your feet and keep your upper body at a right angle to the area of your thigh. Your arms should be raise above your head so that your elbows are touching your ears. This position looks like that you are sitting on a chair. Then you should tilt your body slightly along with lowering your hips so that your weight is shifted towards your feet. You should spread the shoulder blades apart so that your head is facing directly towards your feet.
- Maintain this position for some time till you start feeling tense. You can also hold this chair for a maximum of one minute.
- If you want to get maximum benefits, then you need to repeat this chair pose for minimum five times. While doing this pose, you should always breathe evenly and gently as when your heart rate increases, then slow down a little till you can breathe deeply again and feel relaxed.